I like to read magazines. Here are thirteen that I’ve read regularly at some point in my life.
1. Entertainment Weekly: I’ve been reading this one for about 13 years – first I read it every Tuesday at the bookstore (we were allowed to read magazines on our lunch break), and then I had to subscribe to it when I left the bookstore 9 years ago. I love getting this in the mail every Saturday, and am very disappointed when it doesn’t come until Monday.
2. Newsweek: Have read this on and off since I was 10, read it at the bookstore, and have subscribed to it since I left the bookstore.
3. Smithsonian: Read my parents’ subscription when I was 8-9 years old, and subscribed to it for a few years. Gave it up when it got too expensive. Great magazine, though!
4. Parenting: Have subscribed to this since Big Brother was born. I read and absorbed all the articles religiously when BB was small. Now, with Little Sister, I just spend 30 minutes or so skimming it. Will probably not renew when the subscription runs out.
5. Parents: See above. May renew when subscription runs out if I can find a free offer (Parents brand toys – at Target – often come with a free 1-year subscription.)
6. Us: Read this back when it was a monthly. Used to be much higher quality than it is now.
7. People: More Tuesday reading at the bookstore. Still enjoy taking a look at it when I’m at the doctor or dentist.
8. Biblio: This was a wonderful, high-quality magazine for book lovers. I subscribed for about a year and a half, then the magazine folded. I was really sad when that happened.
9. TV Guide: Never read this until I got a freebie subscription last year (from one of those “take surveys and earn points” sites). Subscription just ran out but I got it again through the same site. Makes good bathroom reading. 🙂
10. Computer Gaming World: Yes, I actually read this. Tim subscribed to it for years, and I always read it. The game reviews were really good, even if I wasn’t especially interested in the games themselves. And every once in a while they’d have a great article about a game I loved, such as the Sims, Civilization, Age of Empires, etc.
11. Funny Times: My cousin gave me a subscription to this for Christmas one year, and it was hilarious! I later won a “magazine a month for a year” at some employee event at the bookstore and chose this, so I got it for two years.
12. Cat Fancy: Another “magazine a month for a year” winner at the bookstore. This was back in the days when my cats were my kids.
13. Time: Also read this on lunch breaks the whole time I worked at the bookstore. I would never subscribe to it, though – I’ve always been a Newsweek girl!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! Leave a comment with a link to your own Thursday Thirteen so others can visit you.