Well, my Christmas break has been wonderful. I’ve been off since December 20, and have really enjoyed the holidays, hectic as the may have been. But of course, vacation is over now, and it’s back to work on Thursday. I love my job, but am not quite ready to go back yet. Here are 13 reasons why.
1. I’ve gotten used to sleeping later than 5:30. (Not much later, but at least a little.)
2. I just discovered that I like playing Lego Star Wars on the Xbox with Big Brother.
3. My boss will be out of the office for a few weeks, which could make work life very hectic for me.
4. My boss will be out of the office for a few weeks, which could make work life extremely quiet and boring for me.
5. Two DVDs I reserved at the library are now in. It’s much easier to find time to watch movies when I’m on vacation!
6. We still need to take down the Christmas tree.
7. Little Sister starts preschool tomorrow! (Well, day care really, but they have a preschool component in the morning.) I’m not at all worried about it – Big Brother went there, and still goes there in the summer/school breaks, and will be with her the first two days – but it’s a big change.
8. I’ve just started sewing again and would love to have some more free time to continue.
9. I love playing with my kids! (OK, this really should be #1, but whatever and I don’t feel like renumbering them.)
10. I’ve gotten used to staying up very late.
11. I have a stack of books I want to read.
12. Aren’t you supposed to catch up on your sleep on vacation – even get some extra sleep? Somehow I never really did that!
13. I’m not ready to go back to the regular evening rush
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!