Here are thirteen things I worry about. This topic was inspired by a very long and stressfull drive home through ice and snow.
1. Money. ‘Nuff said, I think.
2. Job loss. I don’t believe that Tim or I are in any danger of losing our jobs, but if we did, it would pose a serious financial hardship. Not to mention that we both love our jobs and would hate to leave them.
3. Big Brother’s behavior. He’s mostly a nice boy, but his mouthiness/defiance/rudeness etc. rear their heads often enough. Are we not being strict enough with him? Is he going to start getting in trouble in school? What should be be doing differently?
4. Little Sister’s behavior. She’s a good girl, but she gets what she wants most of the time, and she’s bossy. Is this going to start causing problems at preschool?
5. Death. Mine, Tim’s, my parents’, the kids, etc.
6. Car crashes. Tim and I are both great drivers, so I don’t really worry about US causing a crash, but we don’t have control over how other people drive. At least I know that in the event of a crash, my kids are restrained as safely as possible.
7. More specifically … crashing into water. We go over two bridges on the way home from school. What would happen if we somehow went over the edge? How would we get out? Actually I think I could get myself out and even one kid, but what if I had both kids with me? Or what if it was summer and the windows were down, so the water came rushing in immediately?
8. The kids’ health. Both kids have mild asthma and while it generally responds well to treatment, sometimes (like now) they get a lingering cough. What if it turns into pneumonia? What if I take them to the doctor and she says she should have seen them weeks ago? (They haven’t had the coughs that long.)
9. Retirement. Will we have enough money? Will social security (or a reasonable replacement) be available to supplement our retirement income? Will we even be able to retire?
10. Our house. I always worry about the potential for expensive but necessary house repairs.
11. My weight. Am I ever going to get back into the right mind set to re-lose the weight I lost before I had Little Sister?!
12. Brains. Are my kids really as smart as I think they are? (I don’t think they’re geniuses, just smart.) Everything so far points to yes, but then again, they’re only in first grade and (barely) preschool.
13. Teeth. I frequently have dreams that my teeth are falling out. Are we brushing BB’s teeth often enough and well enough? (He fusses every time we brush them.) How about LS – she fusses about it too.
What do YOU worry about?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!