Tim and I have been married for more than 13 years. Here are 13 reasons that I love him. (This is by no means an all-inclusive list!)
1. He’s an excellent father. Tim is crazy about the kids, and they’re nuts about him. He does his fair share of the kid-related duties. He gets them ready every morning and takes them to school/preschool (since I start work at 6:30).
2. He has a great sense of humor.
3. He likes to read. I’m not sure I would have been attracted to someone who didn’t share – or at the very least, appreciate – my love of books.
4. He doesn’t watch sports. OK, we do usually turn on the Superbowl, and sometimes we watch when the MSU and Iowa football teams play each other, but that’s about it.
5. He loves (and likes!) my family, and they feel the same way about him. In fact, I often think my parents like him better than they like me.
6. He completely supports my passion for child passenger safety. Sometimes this means two Saturdays with the kids by himself (though I try not to do more than one Saturday in a row), and he never complains.
7. He lets me buy car seats. (I’m done, I swear. Unless I sell BB’s big seat when that new Britax combo seat comes out … ) And fabric. And scrapbooking supplies.
8. He doesn’t mind that I’m not a great cook.
9. (Mom and Dad, please skip this one!!) We have fun in bed.
10. He cuts the grass and clears the snow without complaining. And yes, that snowblower was a FAMILY Christmas gift, it wasn’t just for him. (I just happened to want to buy it around Christmas, so I figured I’d wrap it.)
11. He doesn’t get mad when I fall (or jump) off the Weight Watchers wagon.
12. He likes to watch Big Brother and Survivor with me.
13. He’s my best friend.
What do you love about your honey?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!