I love freebies and deals! I love them always, but we’ve had an especially good week for freebies and deals. (Great timing, too, since Tim’s on vacation and we’re doing a lot of activities with the kids.)
- Greenfield Village: 6 of us got in for free! We had four free passes, and the girls were free because they’re under 5.
- Michigan’s Adventure: Not cheap or free, but I had a coupon for $3 off up to four tickets, so we saved $12.
- Cold Stone Creamery: The kids had coupons for free cones from the library’s summer reading program, and I had a birthday coupon for a free small cup. They let me “upgrade” to a larger size by paying the difference – which was just $.60 – so, with Tim’s selection, we got two large ice creams and two cones for $4.55. (And Book Boy and I got the same flavor, so I “refilled” his cone from my bowl a couple of times. 😉 Not that he needed the extra ice cream, but I didn’t either.)
- Bowling: We took the kids bowling this afternoon. (We had a blast!) They each had two games free through the kidsbowlfree summer program, and Tim and I got a slightly better deal than normal because of a special they were running today. It cost $19 for the four of us to bowl two games (including shoe rental for all). Not exactly cheap for this old cheapskate, but not too shappy.
- Renaissance Festival: We’re going tomorrow, and they’re having a food drive – bring four cans of food and get buy one get one free ticket. BG is free because she’s under 5. So, we’ll buy one $21 adult ticket and get one free, and pay $11 for BB to get in – that IS a pretty good deal. 🙂
What kind of good freebies and deals have you gotten lately?