The Gal has declared this blog as Fabulous. I respect and trust her, so it must be true! So, in keeping with the award, here are five facts about me:
1. I hate snakes. HATE them. One of the earliest dreams I can remember is of losing my Life Savers in a snake tank at the museum (of course, that never actually happened). Snakes creep me out so much that when we’re watching TV or reading a book and there’s an image of a snake, Book Girl will tell me, “MOM! Don’t look until I tell you!”
2. I would give up sleep in order to have time to myself. I’m always tired – every single day – but still I stay up until nearly midnight, even when I have to get up at 6 a.m. the next day. Somehow, the idea of going to bed shortly after the kids are in bed and my chores are done just kills me, even if it would mean getting closer to eight hours of sleep. (And someday – someday! – Book Baby will start sleeping through the night.)
3. I wish I were a better blogger. I have good intentions, really (and even good ideas), but I just don’t feel motivated to blog at the end of the day. I miss the days when I blogged every day or two. Maybe I can try to pick up the pace again. Lord knows I’ve always got a lot to say in person.
4. I’m a child passenger safety technician, and I spend a lot of time volunteering – educating parents about how to select and use car seats correctly. I’ve helped keep a lot of kids safe over the past 3.5 years. But the truth is, I do it because I like to. The keeping other kids safe is kind of secondary. (And having some good car seat tech friends who live in my area is an excellent bonus, too.)
5. If Tim and I ever win the big lottery, that will be the last day I ever do laundry. The Sunday-consuming chore is one of my least favorite. (I don’t know how three kids wear so many clothes!)