The Gal has tagged me for the the Liebsteraward! Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
However, I’m going to break the rules and answer ALL the questions (including the ones The Gal answered), and not tag anyone.
So, here are 11 things about me:
1) I’m inherently lazy. I’m a good/hard worker, my house gets taken care of, kids get fed well, etc. But if I had my druthers, I’d spend a lot of my time reading or messing around on the internet.
2) My favorite band EVER is Duran Duran. I remember hearing Hungry Like the Wolf on the radio in late 1982, and a fellow library aide got me totally hooked on them in early 1984, and they’ve been my favorite since then. I saw them in concert for the first (!!!) time last fall and am going to see them again next month – third row again! I can’t wait.
3) My cousins (on my Dad’s side) and I are still close even though we’re in our late 30s/40s. We see the local cousins regularly, and twice a year we host a “cousin party” that the cousins and any kids come to. It’s a blast! In fact, we had so much fun at the cousin party a few weeks ago that we decided next year we’re going to ditch the kids and really have a cousin party. Should be a blast!
4) I need to lose weight. A lot. But I really like snacking, and I really hate exercising, so …
5) I don’t wear jewelry (except my wedding ring), and almost never polish my nails. The last time I can remember wearing earrings was when my brother got married six years ago.
6) I have a new nephew! My brother and his wife welcomed their second son last Friday. He made his debut three weeks early and is on the little side, but he’s healthy and has no heart problems. (Big brother was the one who had open heart surgery two years ago.)
7) Tim and I (mostly Tim) have instituted a “no replacing” policy for our pets, at least for the time being. Multiple cats + three children = lots of work. We had three cats when Allie was born, but now we’re down to one, and will have none when she leaves us. I’m OK with that, for now.
8) I love Facebook.
9) I wish I were a better photographer – I have a nice camera – but I’m either too impatient, too lazy, or don’t take pictures often enough to really improve.
10) I’m the oldest of four. I didn’t mind having three younger siblings, but I always wished that I had an older brother.
11) I’m often conflicted about our decision to let Adam join Cub Scouts two years ago, and to move up to Boy Scouts this year. The program he’s joined is amazing, and I’m very proud of his participation, but that damn “no gays” policy. Grrr.
Here are the questions Kwizgiver gave The Gal (but these are my answers):
- What is your favorite genre to read? Mystery/thriller, young adult, biographies
- How often do you read for pleasure? Daily
- Do you ever read books in your least favorite genre? That would be poetry, and the answer is no (this was Gal’s answer but it stands for me)
- Do you snack when you read? Often
- What do you do when you’re in a reading slump? Find something new
- Are you easy to talk into doing something out of the ordinary? No
- Do you follow a daily routine? With three kids one is forced to follow a daily routine, but we don’t have a strict routine
- Where do you keep your keys? Several places, which is why I often can’t find them.
- What is your favorite song featuring a banjo? Rainbow Connection
- Do you drink bottled water? Rarely, and never at home or at work.
- How old is your blog? 5.5 years
Here are the questions The Gal gave me.
1. What’s your oldest memory? I vaguely remember being left with my (paternal) grandparents when my parents went to my (maternal) great-grandmother’s funeral. I was 3.
2. Who was your first crush? Hmm, Jason (or Jeff? which brother was it?) something, in first grade. Can’t remember exactly how I knew him – maybe he was in my class – but I distinctly remember that we were both at the bowling alley “drop off” room once or twice, and played in the teepee together. (Totally innocently – we were 6!) I seem to recall that whichever brother was my age, my sister liked the other one.
3. When was the last time you cried? Sunday, when I saw a picture of my little brother holding his tiny newborn son. 🙂
4. How often do you read the newspaper? The print newspaper? I glance at it once a week or so (it’s only printed 3x weekly, and is digital the rest of the week). However, I read newspaper articles online daily.
5. What is something you won’t scrimp on, no matter how tight your budget? Hmmm …. I can’t think of anything.
6. Do you enjoy your time in the bath or shower? Or is it merely for hygiene/grooming, like brushing your teeth? Yes, and usually. 😉 I have three kids, so I generally have a “business shower.”
7. Close your eyes and think of a song. Which one popped into your head? Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
8. What’s the biggest dollar bill in your wallet right now? (Asked because a friend of mine recently broke a $100 at dinner, and I don’t think I’ve ever carried a bill that big.) $10
9. You’re home. It’s 9:30 at night. You’re hungry. What do you snack on? Well, it’s 11:30 but I just snacked on some cheese.
10. Are you a Felix (neat freak) or an Oscar (slob)? Somewhere in between. I like things neat, but don’t have the motivation to keep them that way (see #1 of the previous section) and damn if the kids don’t keep messing everything up.
11. When did you last send someone a card? It could be a greeting card, or a postcard. But you had to address it, put a stamp on it and mail it. E-cards or a card you simply handed a person don’t count. Wow, I have no idea. I didn’t even send out Christmas cards last year. So, I guess the last time I specifically remember sending someone a card was Christmas of 2010.
Feel free to answer these questions on your own blog – and let me know if you do.